Announcements

Forum >> Announcements >> Abusive language not acceptable...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Hardwood College Basketball
I had to kick a user today because they were using inappropriate & abusive language towards me (and potentially others on the site). Please note we need to be respective towards everyone both in the forums and site mail.

In general I try to warn people if they are crossing the line. But some behavior is just intolerable and can result in immediate action.

Thanks,

Steve
Ced

Indiana Hoosiers
III.4

Sorry that happened to you, brother. Thank you for making a fun, free and safe game for us.

Some people forgot about the necessary Netiquette!
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Nothing I can't handle...just wanted people to be aware of the rules again.

Thanks,

Steve
Blackbeard

St. Johns Red Storm
V.4

I'll echo what Ced said above.

After saying that, I would like to say thank you for making this game and for being here monitoring things and running the game.

You answer questions on the forum and in private. You do updates to the game and make changes based on what the community suggests and wants and more. That is a rarity these days and you do if for no pay at all.

I say this because I appreciate your efforts, plus I have been in other online browser games (not so much the sports management ones) where the owner / admin is nasty to the players. He does nothing at all to control cheaters (which he denies even exist) in the game all the while taking donations from the players. I no longer go there.

As a suggestion, maybe you should create a way so that players (that might want to) could donate a few bucks to maybe help you out with paying server fees and to just show that they appreciate all of your efforts...

Again, thank you Steve for everything that you do here. Anyone that is abusive towards you deserves to be kicked and have their ip blocked so that they can't come back...

Updated Sunday, February 2 2020 @ 12:26:16 pm PST
kayy.nfn

Inactive

lol
admin

Hardwood Administrator

I guess I'm not really looking for donations for two reasons. First, when people start paying for something, then they start feeling entitled to something (maybe appropriately). But attitudes then change. And second, I'm not sure I really want to start worrying about having to figure out the income and cost of the site in case in would result in some taxes liability.

I'm happy with this just being a labor of love. Enjoy the game.

Steve
mjhack

Duke Blue Devils
V.10

nice!

Previous Page | Show All |