Announcements

Forum >> Announcements >> 3-Star rule for admin team   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
mukilteomike

Inactive

Hardwood College Basketball
Personally, I wish you'd never not try your hardest. Beating someone at their own game would be rewarding. :) And this is a free game after all.
BradenWoA

Houston Cougars
III.3

I tend to agree with mike--as long as you aren't using admin privileges to cheat (for example, using access to the game database to look up exact interest values), then you should be able to play your hardest. Being able to beat the developer is a cool feeling. It also potentially gives new players an easy example to look at. I'm fine with you going all out (or a very minor handicap, maybe forfeiting 5 contacts a year or something along that line), but I do think that the rest of the community should weigh in on this decision.
celtic4warrior

California Lutheran Kingsmen
VI.1

On this issue, I find it utterly ridiculous that you should not be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor to it's fullest. The fact that you have to play your own game under a penalty, sounds ridiculous. I feel like what others have said hold true, as long as you don't use admin privileges to gain an advantage; otherwise, the fact that you have to put a penalty on yourself because you want to enjoy your own game is very unfair in my opinion. Again, you put so much time and effort into this game, by golly you should be able to enjoy every aspect of it as much as the rest of us. In the end; this is a game you are providing to us for FREE, if people are getting angry that the man providing a game to them for free is playing it with them, they should probably move onto another game. Steve, enjoy your game as much as we who have played both brokenbat and now hardwood have played and enjoyed them!!!

Here's my opinion on it!

celtic4warrior
Haselrig

Inactive

Everything celtic4warrior said.

Thank you for this game, Steve.
Rock777

Inactive

You could always take a page from Pete's book and strategically choose one or two of the less obviously attributes to ignore in your recruiting (if you want to throw people off the trail), but overall, I'd say go full out. You'll still hit stiff competition ;)
Yuri84

Portland Pilots
V.4

Unlike BB, I didn't even know what team was the 'admin team' in this game until I saw this thread. Wasn't even interested. I don't pay attention to polls or any other silly stuff some people seem to be so concerned about either.

I don't think you should limit yourself in anything. Everyone should be playing on equal terms, and not only you'll be creating an unfair disadvantage for yourself, you'll also be giving an unfair advantage to your opponents.

Updated Monday, March 11 2019 @ 2:22:57 am PDT
allen54chevy

Inactive

I agree with Mike and Celtic4warrier

It's your game, you are just nice enough to let us play with you... and we thank you for the opportunity!

I hope to run into Cal State in the National Tourney, but it would be a shame if they were not at full strength.
Efendi

Inactive

wow. admin is on my conf group.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Moving up together...although Hawaii grabbed the conference title from us. :-(

Steve
Blackbeard

St. Johns Red Storm
V.4

I don't have a problem with Steve having a team and managing it with no restraints. Even though he would probably have a slight advantage from knowing the mechanics of the program I don't see it as a problem.

If he is playing, it could possibly give him ideas for improvements and such.

I was recently in to a cycling manager game and had a team for about 7 years. In the beginning the developer had a team and he didn't place restraints on himself and this was good because it prompted him to develop the game even more.

As time went on he abandoned his team and with that went any updates until his interest apparently faded to the point of him seemingly abandoning the game. He would only come on to ban people that complained in the forum about his inactivity and then that even stopped and he hadn't been seen for months.

So I quit a manager game that I really liked after being in it for a very long time. After quitting, I found BB and then HW so thank you for your work. It is very much appreciated by myself and obviously by many, many others. Cheers.

Previous Page | Show All |