Announcements

Forum >> Announcements >> Change to Red Shirt Game Management selection   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Hardwood College Basketball
Sorry...should have given more of a heads up. It is implemented now.

Steve
anonemuss

Inactive

Why are my redshirted players playing if I don't have any injuries? One of my guys went in for 2 minutes my last game. I am redshirting them for a reason, they shouldn't play if there are other non-redshirted guys available on the roster.
pschwartz

Richmond Spiders
I.1

Are the RS players on your depth chart anywhere? If the depth chart is filled out with multiple non-starters in the 2-5 position and the RS players are not on it then they wouldn't be getting into games.
anonemuss

Inactive

No my depth chart is 3 deep for all positions, and none are my RS players.
Westwrld

Inactive

It could be because they might have minutes allocated.
pschwartz

Richmond Spiders
I.1

Westwrld probably has the best idea - just put your RS guys at 0 minutes and they won't enter the game.

Also, if you have your depth chart going 5 deep that will also make it much less likely they enter the game. Your RS player probably got in because the top 3 in the depth chart were either already in game, reached their minutes, or were in foul trouble. The game will then pick who the best player to put in based on SI and position which was your RS player.
Blackbeard

St. Johns Red Storm
V.4

Maybe Steve didn't make the description of this change really clear.

Below is my interpenetration.

I think that this change says that as long as the RS box is checked AND the player has appeared in LESS than 5 games that he could be called in to a game.

Then once the player gets to the 5 games played AND his RS box is checked then he will no longer be called in to games.

I also think that Steve said that this is a very minor change and that it does NOT effect the way the RS system works. So it doesn't make any difference if the player goes in to a game because he will still be red shirted and he will NOT play over 5 games.

I look at it this way. If the guy is made to play 5 games and no more thats great because he "might" get some experience that again might help his training.

I can attest to the fact that being RSed or sitting on the bench that players develop slower then if they are playing regularly. This change will maybe give an RS player more game experience so don't worry about it.

If I'm wrong with my assessment please tell me.

Maybe Steve can come on and correct what I said and clear this up because I don't take this change to mean anything in how RSing works...

Updated Friday, October 25 2019 @ 3:31:59 pm PDT
pschwartz

Richmond Spiders
I.1

Blackbeard - your interpretation is correct, though I will let Steve comment.

This is the reason this change was implemented:
http://onlinecollegebasketball.org/forum/0/5/925

I think the issue people have is that people want to take more advantage of the RS year by having their player play a lot of minutes in 5 games. This is what I am doing with one of my FR centers - having him start 5 games and play 30+ minutes and that is it. I guess I would be annoyed too if he started 4 games and played 2 minutes in another. However, in the grand scheme of things this doesn't seem to matter that much. I know playing time matters but if your player plays 2 minutes in one game rather than 30 minutes I would imagine this would only impact the SI by 1 point, maybe 2 points at the most.
Blackbeard

St. Johns Red Storm
V.4

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for pointing it out. I wasn't aware of that thread.

I generally play all my second string and RS guys in the exhibition games but no more than that because I like to try to win as many games as I can.

I'll put them in the third string position and let the computer put them in to games and then I'll RS them st seasons end. I only have one guy that I'll RS this season as I was only able to recruit one player.

I want to try to promote this season. I'm sitting in 3rd place at 12-1 (hope I didn't jinx it, lol). My back court is pretty developed right now so they are pretty much carrying my team with quite a few good games from my center which is kind of surprising. But then he is a 7 footer and I think that helps a lot.

3 of the 4 back court guys will be seniors next season so my team will be weakened when they leave. The PF position isn't doing that great so I put my RS-FR 7 footer in to the PF position as back up to get training because I'll need him next season. My starting PF (who is boarder line at best) will graduate and I'll need the FR to start.

I figured why not because the PFs can't seem to do much anyway and a 95 SI 7 footer won't hurt much and it hasn't so far.

Thanks for indicating that link. :)

admin

Hardwood Administrator

Yeah...I think we should probably have given people a bit more notice of the change.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |