Announcements

Forum >> Announcements >> What's new this year ('08-'09 Season)...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Hardwood College Basketball
Couple of people asked about changes for the start of this season
  1. Expand recruit interest levels
  2. Less foul outs - player logic is improved so they foul less while in foul trouble, but defense suffers
  3. Height options: Feet & Inches, Inches Only, Meters (with weight in kilograms)

Steve

Updated Friday, October 4 2019 @ 11:36:17 am PDT
Yuri84

Portland Pilots
V.4

Huge thanks for metric options! Lots of players suddenly don't look that short... :)
Blackbeard

St. Johns Red Storm
V.4

Thank you Steve for all of your hard work on HW. It is much appreciated by myself and I'm sure by all of us.

You have created the best college basketball game and IMO the best basketball management game on the net. Thank you for all of your efforts. :)
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Are there many other college basketball simulations?

Steve
Blackbeard

St. Johns Red Storm
V.4

Actually, there are a few other college BB games out there and I've looked at some of them in the past.

Here's some that I found on one site that lists them. HW isn't listed here and I've found that there are many listing sites and most of them seem to list different games than other listing sites list.

http://gmgames.org/college-bball-coach-2/

http://gmgames.org/hoops-dynasty/

http://gmgames.org/college-hoops-coach/

Here's the listing site that I found the above on.

http://gmgames.org/section/nba-and-college-basketball-manager-simulator-games/

Theres 22 basket ball games listed on the site. Most of them are NBA and international. But college is actually a better subject than NBA, simply because the players are constantly being changed every 4 seasons or so. The college format is a lot more interesting than pro IMO and HW is the best! :)

I have played many text based sports manager games from basket ball to football and even horse racing and track and field. I have found that HW is one of the best sports manager games out there.

I tried a couple of those above and HW is definitely done way better so no need to try them out. HW has it all so no need wasting the time on others. lol

admin

Hardwood Administrator

Wow...I didn't realize there were so many.

Steve
pschwartz

Richmond Spiders
I.1

I think most of these are single player. I have played College Bball Coach 2 and College Hoops Coach. College Bball Coach 2 is single player but the recruiting in it is laughably bad (best players go to bad teams, incoming freshman are better than established players, some top players aren't recruited at all). College Hoops Coach is also single player and a lot of fun - main issue is that after a few seasons it will just crash.

I think HW has more nuance and depth to it than the games I played. I never got a sense that height and/or weight played a factor not to mention there is no vertical or wingspan. The one advantage these games have is that you can make changes within the game while it is being played while in HW you can only do that at halftime and it needs to be preset. Obviously, incorporating that into HW would be impossible given that it is multiplayer.
Blackbeard

St. Johns Red Storm
V.4

I played the college ones on that site and also some of the pro ones. Didn't much like them at all.

Also I don't like the manager games that require the player to build their infrastructure like the stadium, the training facility, etc. Plus trying to buy players is a turnoff. The recruiting here is a much better system. Thats where HW has the advantage imo, theres a lot to do here and you don't have to build everything from scratch or have tons of game money just to get players. HW requires the manager to have a good team that players / recruits want to be a part of..

Thanks pschwartz for essentially agreeing with what I was saying. I agree with you. HW is the best basketball game out there. I wish it could be seen on more of those listing sites. Maybe it will someday. Cheers.

Updated Thursday, October 10 2019 @ 1:41:53 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |