Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Just a few suggestions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Fireballer34

Albany Great Danes
V.4

Hardwood College Basketball
1. Transfer portal

This isn’t needed, but it would be fun, players could transfer if they weren’t getting playing time. Maybe it could not be included to 4 and 5 star recruits because it would suck to recruit a great player and have them transfer out. Maybe say no freshman can transfer either because freshman aren’t expected to get much playing time. Maybe could be something in a players scouting report that says “wants playing time and could decide to transfer out”.

2. Walk on draft

Kind of like the broken bat draft, you get 10 options and say you can pick a new player every 24 hours until roster is full or until you don’t want to. Would be a fun way to get walk ons.

3. Player search

There is a prospect search, but no player search, it would be pretty much the same thing but for all players.

4. Lock outs

Definitely not needed, but say a recruit has a lot of teams that want him, some have high and medium and a few have low, the recruit could make a “top 3” and lock all other teams out of the race. If a player goes juCo, all teams would get unlocked.

5. World Classic

Basically the best players from a country, including high school and college players, play in a World Cup sort of tournament like the Broken Bat world classic. USA and Canada probably wouldn’t be able to compete because they would have a significant advantage.

Does anyone think these ideas are good?

Updated Monday, November 27 2023 @ 5:20:49 am PST

Updated Monday, November 27 2023 @ 6:27:46 am PST
baller1987

Central State Marauders
V.5

@fireballer34, I like some of your suggestions. For instance, I like the idea of the transfer portal. I don't think you should restrict it to just 1, 2, and 3-star players. After all, when you're talking real life hoops, a lot of 4 and 5 star guys transfer to different schools. I guess you would add this to a player's scouting reportas part of his initial recruitment process (would cut down on wasting time recruiting a potential prospect) “wants playing time and could decide to transfer out” Why would you want to draft walk-ons? I kind of like your idea about the lockouts. After all, many players narrow their college choices down and then make their final decision based on their cuts, good thought.

Updated Wednesday, November 29 2023 @ 9:35:38 am PST
Fireballer34

Albany Great Danes
V.4

@Steve

Before this gets buried, would you consider implementing any of these?
Blink 182

Penn State Nittany Lions
V.13

IMO, the only way a transfer portal would work is if it’s combined with a relegation process. I believe that all bot teams at the end of the season should be relegated to D3 and their scholarship players would enter the transfer portal upon relegation. (Players on human-controlled teams would never enter the portal.)

I also think that all new users should be limited to selecting a D3 team, and the relegation process would ensure there are enough teams down there.

Just my two cents.
Fireballer34

Albany Great Danes
V.4

Would transferring be like recruiting? Having points to spend on transfers? Those two ideas you had flow nicely together since if all bot teams players transfer out all the open teams would be relegated to D3 and new players could use them. My only concern would be that if all of a teams players transfer out it would be a free win and that isn’t what we want in this game.

Previous Page | Show All |