Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Red shirt problems...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Blackbeard

St. Johns Red Storm
V.4

Hardwood College Basketball
I haven't had any RS problems either. But then that's because I really don't care if they don't play 5 full games...

I check the RS box and thats the end of my thoughts about RS. A point or two doesn't matter to me because I pretty much use red shirting to get guys off the roster and to equal out how many that graduate each season.
pschwartz

Richmond Spiders
II.2

Not sure any changes need to be made. I experimented by putting my red-shirting SG in the first position on the depth chart with minutes set to 0 and they didn't enter the game.

The thing I like about the current setup is that you don't need to mess with the red-shirt checkbox at all. Just keep it checked and your player will redshirt.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

I have made a slight adjustment, when the game engine runs through the 5 options in the depth chart, it must pick from remaining players. In this case, it will priority best-fit non-red shirting players over red shirting players.

Steve
allen54chevy

Inactive

Thanks Steve.

@blackbeard The problem was I do NOT want to burn the 5 days.
In Legends every game matters and I have 2 good players I am redshirting that have burned their games on meaningless 1 minute entries early in the season.
Meanwhile got nailed with 2 long term injuries at the same time. If the other guys had not burned their 5 eligible days I would be able to uss them as added depth.
nobodyjones

UPR Río Piedras Roosters
IV.4

Vanderbilt vs Houston Baptist

I watched the replay. Game should have put in some walk-ons, instead it cloned Keys. When Keys fouled out, it cloned Libby, and Keys played with 5 fouls.
pschwartz

Richmond Spiders
II.2

Here is where it happened:

4:30 - Houston Baptist: Fast break opportunity! Bean attacks with the ball on the fast break. Bean lays it up. The shot goes in! And Bean is fouled on the shot, will shoot an added free throw. Keys fouls outs. Keys replaces Keys at shooting guard. Bean makes the first free throw. Houston Baptist 107 - 75.

You can also see it in the box score where Libby played 44 minutes and Keys played 46 when the game ended in regulation (max should be 40). I am not sure where it went haywire with Libby.
nobodyjones

UPR Río Piedras Roosters
IV.4

10:44 - Kirk fouls out. Kruger replaces Kirk.
10:41 - Keys #2 replaces Kruger.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Not sure this is due to the red shirt sub change.

But I've added a bunch of debug and will try to see what's going on...

Steve
admin

Hardwood Administrator

I saw this on one of ~500 games today...so I am analyzing the debug data. I don't think it's a red shirt issue...so I opened up this bug report: Foul out substitution issues

Steve
El jefe

Temple Owls
I.1

Allen54chevy - there's no Legends division; only conference I.1

Stop mixing up your games! :-)

Previous Page | Show All |