Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Infinite scholarships   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Hardwood College Basketball
Walk-on assignments (at this time) are completely random.

Also, the decent uncommitted prospects will go to junior college. The dregs will end up retiring or becoming walk-ons.

Wouldn't recommend trying to improve your team with some "recruited" walk-on strategy.

Steve
Rock777

Inactive

But if we continue to recruit guys who go JUCO, then they will presumably keep their level of interest? Do they keep their scholarship offers as well? Just the scholarship offer would transfer to being one 2 years from now?
newtman

Inactive

I offered a scholarship to a high school freshman this season, so really not that much different from that.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

There is recruiting interest carry over to JuCo recruiting.

Steve
Rock777

Inactive

@newtman, yeah, I don't see a problem with the early offers. I think the scholarship offer should carry over for the JUCOs. Because then if you change you mind and yank it, it will cost you. So you don't get anything for free. If you could offer them a scholarship, increase their interest, and then do it again when they went JUCO, then you would double dip on the bonus (and with no risk if you were fully committed).
admin

Hardwood Administrator

In real life, players usually go to junior college because they don't get any scholarship offers or because of grades. In general, the have a different schools recruiting them as JuCo prospects than out of high school.

Roster depths may have changed, grades might have meant that institution couldn't accept them (hard as that is to believe), some schools rarely take junior college transfers or some other factors. In general, JuCo prospects are a different commodity that High Schoolers.

Steve
Rock777

Inactive

Its more an issue of exploitation then. I should be able to offer them a scholarship since I don't have one. But I can, which makes them like me better. Then when they can't get the scholarship, they are forced to go JUCO, and I can offer it again for an extra free boost in interest. I kind of feel like the scholarship offer should stick. Anyone can feel free to pull it if they are no longer interested. But having it just vanish, would open a hole for exploiting the system.
newtman

Inactive

Then when they can't get the scholarship, they are forced to go JUCO

This is where you are thinking about it wrong. This assumption operates on the idea that recruit won't go to a school that he may even have less interest in, but does have an open scholarship position which has been offered to him. This really is not an issue, especially compared to the other things brought up recently.
Rock777

Inactive

I wasn't assuming that at all. I'm assuming someone going JUCO has no offers that they are interested in.

I was simply using the example, if they were only interested in your school, and you offered them the scholarship after you had none, you would get an extra boost in interest at not cost/risk. Then you could offer it to them again. I say if you offer it, then it should stay. You have a whole year to revoke it before they can accept anyhow.

Updated Wednesday, April 4 2018 @ 12:39:58 pm PDT
Rock777

Inactive

By the way, what is the line for walk-on versus JUCO? I've been actively recruiting POT 10 guys with scholarships, but some walk-ons are POT 10...

Brewnoe's guy had 103 SI (and crazy good rebounding & defense) as a walk-on... I think walk-ons may be more valuable for LL-5 teams than you think Steve...

Previous Page | Show All |