Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> For Steve: RPI weighting   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
El jefe

Temple Owls
I.1

Hardwood College Basketball
Steve,

How does the RPI consider neutral court conference tournament games? E.g., the higher seeds start off as the "home" team - so a win or loss in the 1st conference tourney game will be reflected in the "home" team's home record despite being on a neutral court. Similarly, if the "road" team wins, it's shown as a road game.

Relevance here is that the typical RPI formula weights home games and road games much differently than neutral site games.....so would want to make sure these neutral site games are weighted appropriately in HW's RPI calc.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

For the RPI formula used, there is a different value given for home wins versus road wins and then something in between for neutral court victories.

Steve
El jefe

Temple Owls
I.1

thanks for the quick reply! So sounds like you are confirming that neutral site games are considered separately from home/road games even though the result of the neutral site game is included in the home/away display columns on the conference page?
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Good point...that maybe a bug. I guess we should count those as either a home or away game there.

Thanks,

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |