Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Dixie State Trailblazers not team name   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
therelabeef

DePaul Blue Demons
V.9

Hardwood College Basketball
There also have been many changes as well. LIU Post and LIU Brooklyn have combined into LIU sharks
purple3594

Ripon Red Hawks
I.1

Honestly, does this matter?

There are 16 teams in each conference. There are 63 conferences. There are 16*63 = 1008 teams. To accommodate the existing hierarchy, admin would need to effectively replace any deleted or consolidated programs.
pschwartz

Richmond Spiders
I.1

I think if a team changes their name or mascot then a change should be discussed between Steve and the president of that team (essentially, what happened to Dixie State). Any other changes (i.e. a team drops their basketball team or colleges merge) should just be left alone.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

There are a number of Hardwood colleges that don't have RL basketball programs...so we just do our best.

Steve
El jefe

Temple Owls
I.1

Your "best"? Losers whine about their "best". Winners go home and update the game code.

:)
therelabeef

DePaul Blue Demons
V.9

(;
pschwartz

Richmond Spiders
I.1

We need to change the mascot for Long Beach State. It is no longer the 49ers but is now "Beach". So their team name is now Long Beach State Beach - I am sure there are other mascot changes and we don't need to fix them all but this one needs to happen because it is amazing.

https://longbeachstate.com/news/2019/11/4/mens-basketball-new-look-long-beach-state-opens-season-wednesday-at-ucla.aspx

LONG BEACH STATE
• Long Beach State has officially changed the nickname for all sports other than baseball to the Beach with the NCAA. Please do not refer to LBSU basketball as the 49ers.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Yes, I think they officially switched over to "The Beach" back in 2018. Apparently the 49ers (California Gold Prospectors) were “culpable in violent and genocidal acts against the Indigenous people of California.”

San Diego State remains the Aztecs -- I guess human sacrifice of your neighbors is somehow less atrocious. :-)

Steve

Updated Saturday, September 3 2022 @ 5:53:05 pm PDT
RideDaWave

Long Beach State Beach
VI.3

Hello, I would like my team name to change to Beach too :) - I love Beach !
admin

Hardwood Administrator

This is how they have in on ESPN: Long Beach State Beach

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |