Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Lost interest from Contacts last season?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jaybrams

Inactive

Hardwood College Basketball
I have 18 contacts showing with this guy, no interest.
http://onlinecollegebasketball.org/player/21156

As part of my strategy last season, towards the end i'd stop at 17 once i got a guy to "high" interest. So when i logged on this morning and he had no interest, i added one contact to see if it'd change, and it did not. So what gives?
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Did you pull a scholarship from him?

You also dropped down a conference level...so your recruiting juice isn't a good.

Chris Freeman

Steve

Updated Saturday, September 1 2018 @ 7:18:24 pm PDT
Ichabod

Inactive

You also dropped down a conference level...so your recruiting juice isn't as good.

This seemed a very strange statement to me and I am in hopes you can elaborate somewhat. It gives the impression a lower level teams interest level on a player is below that of a upper league teams.Or, as in this case, that a lower level team requires more contacts to reach the same level of displayed interest on a recruit as a upper league team. Is such the case?

Jaybrams

Inactive

Steve, honestly i do not remember if i pulled a scholarship for him. I'd understand if dropping the level caused him to move from High to Med. But High to NONE?
newtman

Inactive

If you were still offering him a scholarship it would have your school listed as None with the check listed in parentheses denoted you offered a scholarship. Either you pulled the offer, or the bug seems to be that the system dropped the offer, so the interest drop isn't really the issue here.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

It looks to me like his offer was pulled, but I will see what I can do.

Steve
Rock777

Inactive

If you are in VI, it will take you twice as many contacts as a typical team in V to get a player interested. That means, the team in V didn't have to spend anywhere near as many contacts to get the interest level up. Now if that team demotes, that means they should really only be as interesting as a team in VI that has used that many contacts (which would mean a player with medium interest should really only have low interest. Otherwise you could have a top tier team make a lot of contacts, and students would be interested in joining that team as if they were a top tier team, even if they later dropped down to DIV III. The students should react to the fact that this DIV I team is no longer DIV I. And they should lose interest.

Previous Page | Show All |