Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Bug with injury dates.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Inactive

Hardwood College Basketball
I don't think this is actually a bug. The injury is being reported after the game. Thus it is no longer the 9th, rather it is the 12th. So the player should be out until the 20th (through the 19th).

The game clock at the top of the screen tends to be out of date (just like in BB). We see the same issues with BB injuries, we've just gotten used to the data drift.
buzzcody

Inactive

Interesting imagination you have, don't lose it. The date the injury was reported is known and we also know what the date would be following the reported 8 day injury.

A 16 year study conducted for NCAA basketball player injury's found 1 injury per 100 athlete-exposures for games. Also found that game injury rates were significantly higher in Division I than in Division III. Ingame here in Division III we have experienced 3 player injury's in 11 games. Many other teams in Division III have eclipsed our injury record. Imagine that.

BradenWoA

Houston Cougars
IV.5

Rock is actually right here. The game lists injury dates with the first game they miss as being the first day of the injury. So 11/12 through 11/19 is 8 days. This might be something to talk with steve about changing, but not a bug. In terms of the injury rates, yes we have more injuries in hardwood, but we also don't have the same sort of devastating injuries (where players can miss over a year) as in real life, so it evens out.
BradenWoA

Houston Cougars
IV.5

Also, I'd like to add, if this is real life, you'd be projected to have 4 injuries by now based on the rates they advertise, so I'm not sure why you're upset.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Yes, you need to be aware of when the game date advances. It will advance only after all the games are completed for the day.

Steve
buzzcody

Inactive

Since this is a bug reporting thread I wish not to belabor on this thread, but correct calculations are a important part of the game experience.

Mike:
If the injury is reported after the day's calculations are completed, the resulting day's of injury remaining and returning date will still be incorrect.

BradenWoA:
Not a 'advertisement', a 16 year study by a recognized national association. Our team play at that time equates to approximately 100 player games which relates to 1 injury, not 4.

Might also point out that when a player 'drives to basket' and is fouled, many times the shot is successful even though fouled. Seems rare here. Jumpers seem about right.
Rock777

Inactive

Really hope you don't think I am Mike... Maybe that was intended as a slam?

(current day is 12th) + (8 days injury) = available on the 20th.

Not sure how that math doesn't look correct to you. The 12th is counted as one of the days in which he is injured. So he will be injured on 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, and 19th. Eight days. On the 20th he is no longer injured.

By the time you see the injury information it is already the 12th. If it had still been the 9th (which is impossible since the injury isn't shown until after the game), you would have seen that it was actually an 11 day injury. The injury length automatically updates as it ticks down. Since you see the injury on the 12th three days have already been removed from the total.

Updated Saturday, May 4 2019 @ 7:41:13 am PDT
Gambler75

Inactive

Ok ... let's call it a "display bug" then, rather than a math bug? It's still a damn bug. :P

All the games are done for the day currently. Game date still shows today (Dec15) right now. If the injury system has already jumped to game date = Dec 17th, removing 2 days instantly from newly reported injuries - but the display in the top right is showing the 15th ... I don't get how that isn't at the very least a display bug.

Either way my PG would've missed the 2nd playoff game, but I didn't realize due to the funky display that he actually was going to miss the entire playoffs, due to an injury in the final regular season game. Might have to think about shoving scrubs in for the last few games in the future, since I already had the #1 seed locked up. :)
Rock777

Inactive

Definitely a display issue. One that exists in BB too. I think most of us BB vets just got used to it. But it would be nice to fix somehow.

Updated Monday, May 6 2019 @ 11:39:33 am PDT
BradenWoA

Houston Cougars
IV.5

Buzzcody, I'm using advertise as a figure of speech. I read the study, and I'm aware of its merit.

Did you make your calculations under the assumption that your team doesn't practice? The average team has about 3 times as many practices as games. In Hardwood, all injuries occur during games, which means that the injury frequency is higher in games, but lower (since it is zero) in practices. That correlates to a lower overall rate in your case, so again, I'm not sure why you are upset.

Previous Page | Show All |