Basketball Forum

Forum >> Basketball >> NCAA Tournament   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Hardwood College Basketball
My alma mater UMBC made it in by winning their conference tournament, they are a 16 seed, though.

Wow...congrats to UMBC! First #16 seed to upset a #1!

Go Retrievers!

Steve
buffmckagan

Missouri Tigers
IV.8

I talked a big game -- and we did not show up. I have no regrets, because usually I don't have a team I can talk up. We got out-coached, and did not play with any sense of urgency. The Porters played absolutely badly, and Michael didn't take over until it was too late. Jordan Barnett's DUI was both untimely and selfish -- I don't feel bad to criticize him. Awesome to see them play in person, but I am really upset over the whole thing.

Good season, but not enough. Thanks to everyone who tolerated me over the past few days, haha.

#AtLeastWereNotUVA
coachwannabe

Penn Quakers
IV.1

Wow, congrats to UMBC! That's awesome, and I hope they can pull off some more miracles! That whole quadrant of the bracket is up-in-the-air now (with Arizona first, now Virginia).

Mizzou was quite disappointing. I'm really glad I only picked them in one of my brackets (I do 3 every year). I was rooting for them though, I thought they could've been a surprise team. Michael looked ugly. I wonder how much his stock drops / if he considers returning to play with his brother for another year.
buffmckagan

Missouri Tigers
IV.8

Michael looked ugly. I wonder how much his stock drops / if he considers returning to play with his brother for another year.

He looked ugly against Georgia, too. He was definitely not at full strength, even last night.

He says he's thinking it over, and it wouldn't surprise me either way. He just better play kick-ass if he comes back next year. I like to think with him and point guards who actually care about the team, we could do better.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Michael looked ugly. I wonder how much his stock drops / if he considers returning to play with his brother for another year.

I still saw him at #3 in a couple of mock drafts. I'm not sure...we'll see.

Steve
newtman

Inactive

As an ACC homer this tournament has been pretty painful, but on the flip side of my prediction of Mizzou, I don't think that should hurt his draft spot too much. That was only his second game played with the team, and he probably had no more than two weeks to practice with a team that had been playing together all season. That is the very definition of a disruption, even if it could be argued to be a positive one.

Duke looked REALLY good today, which gives me some hope for the ACC yet. Villanova looked just as good unfortunately. Tomorrow should be another entertaining day.
buffmckagan

Missouri Tigers
IV.8

I'd be amazed if he went that high. He did not play like a lottery pick this year, whether it's his fault or not. It wasn't for lack of trying. He's definitely top-10 worst-case. Again, not holding my breath for him, but whatever happens is not a big surprise.

At least I got a pic with him late last month. I think he was trying to lay low after that game, but was a good sport anyway
buffmckagan

Missouri Tigers
IV.8

Went to a great pair of games tonight! Nevada/Cincy and FSU (screw those guys)/Xavier! Didn't think those comebacks would happen until they did...
newtman

Inactive

FSU tallied another win for the ACC looking like they can play with anyone against Gonzaga. Keep picking against them, Michigan won't shoot like that over FSU's length and depth. That Loyola-Chicago versus Kansas State match-up though is going to be fun to watch, two teams who have pulled some upsets that play the same defensive style of basketball. Looking forward to tomorrow's games though, especially pulling for Clemson in a game they can win. Then I can mark out the "Midwest" Region and write in what it essentially already is, the ACC Region.
newtman

Inactive

I don't know what FSU was doing last night. With the 331st ranked free throw shooting team in D1 they failed to foul one of the three terrible free throw shooters on the court for Michigan. Props to Michigan for making it to the Final Four, FSU's defense looked like the toughest in the entire tournament when factoring in length and quickness with effectiveness as a team. If FSU hadn't taken really stupid shots down the stretch it would have been a far more exciting finish.

On the plus side, the end of game logic made the current Hardwood end of game logic look not that bad.

Previous Page | Show All |