Off-Topic Forum

Forum >> Off Topic >> Fantasy Premier League   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Skuld

Green Mountain Eagles
III.4

Hardwood College Basketball
Interesting. I guess you mainly mean Football Manager? Any others? Always looking for a new one :)

Ah also we are working on the Beta of a soccer game called Derby Manager 2 at the moment for browsers.

I'm a very minor part it it - just a mod and beta tester on the Discord, but the guy who is making it does it all for free just for the fun of it like you seem to do so maybe it would be interesting to look at.

The first game was a lot of fun but recently closed to make room for second version with better match engine, economy etc.

This was the old version: https://gmgames.org/derby-manager/

Updated Monday, November 7 2022 @ 11:34:09 am PST

Updated Monday, November 7 2022 @ 11:34:46 am PST
therelabeef

DePaul Blue Demons
V.9

I would be more a fan of a College football game. I feel like there aren't that many good college football games like this out there. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Skuld

Green Mountain Eagles
III.4

As we were previously discussing Steve making I soccer game - we can dream can't we? :) - I just thought I'd mention the launch of a free, browser-based soccer/football game called Derby Manager 2. The beta is due to start in around a week.
Totally free, much more simple than HW, but the last version was good fun and well designed.
So come and join in for the launch if you like that sort of thing:

https://discord.gg/VnuEhF7T

Updated Tuesday, May 2 2023 @ 9:33:19 am PDT
therelabeef

DePaul Blue Demons
V.9

I feel like a soccer game would be pretty cool. I have been surfing the web and I already found some pretty cool ones as well.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

There seems like there are a lot of online soccer games starting with Hattrick and generations afterwards.

Steve
Skuld

Green Mountain Eagles
III.4

I never really found a good soccer/football browser game before Derby Manager that didn't have some sort of pay to win element, or was a bit silly in some respect that annoyed me. Or too easy or so on.

I guess I'm fussy, but I think due to the popularity of football the temptation to make a game is high so there are a lot of kind of bad ones out there or trying to make a quick buck.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

My son play FIFA Mobile on our iPad. Seems like a pretty good game.

Steve
Skuld

Green Mountain Eagles
III.4

Stop trying to get out of making a soccer game Steve. Make it for your son if not me :)
Just joking around of course. The FIFA mobile game sounds really fun. I will check that out.

Updated Wednesday, May 10 2023 @ 5:46:53 am PDT
Skuld

Green Mountain Eagles
III.4

Places now available in this soccer game beta if anyone wants to help test it. Usually a few teams become available each day. Quite simple at the moment but improving every day: http://www.derbymanager.com/
Blackbeard

St. Johns Red Storm
V.4

What about womans college basketball? It would probably be simple to change the name data base and the players height and other minor tweaks.

Football (soccer) is nice and all but like was said, there are many of those out there and none of them are all that interesting, at least not to me. Just a suggestion.

If Steve decided to create it I certainly would give it a go. I like learning about other sports.

Updated Tuesday, July 4 2023 @ 10:05:40 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |