Newbie Guide & Checklist
Follow these steps and you will be on your way to turning your newly-acquired franchise into a winner.
1. Update your Depth Chart: You may change the team's default depth chart to play the best players at the positions you think they best fit best. Use the Depth Chart link on the left-side navigation panel.
2. Update your Game Tactics: Set the offensive, defensive and game parameters for you default game. You can also set half time adjustments if need. Use the Game Tactics link on the left-side navigation panel.
3. Manage your player's individual style of play & tactics: You can adjust each individual players game behavior. Assign more minutes to individual players or give them the green light. Use the Game Management link on the left-side navigation panel.
4. Check your position in the Conference: You can check your team's progress by viewing the conference standings. Press releases an upcoming game are here as well. Do this by clicking on Conference Tactics link on the left-side navigation panel.
5. Check out your recent Game Results: Go to the Schedule page and view the outcomes of your team's most recent games and a list of your upcoming games. You can click on the game result to see a box score and game summary. Or you can click on Play and let the game unfold before you!
6. View your team's History: By clinking on History, you can see all the highs and lows of your franchise. You can also view your trophy cabinet.
7. View your team Rank: Where does your team rank among other Hardwood teams? Click on the Rankings and then the Show entire ranking button and find where your team stands.
8. Write a Press Release: Announce the team's direction and goals. Include quotes from players and the head coach for the other teams in the conference to read. Do this by clicking the New Press Release button on your team page.
9. Visit the Forum: Got questions? Need answers? Want to discuss Hardwood? Basketball? Anything else? The best resource for all these questions are your fellow Hardwood managers and the best place to connect with them is on the Forum. Simply click on Forum and start reading and posting!
10. Start Recruiting: Click on the Recruiting link and see if you have any unspent recruiting points. If you've got some, start looking for your star of the future. Search for prospects that fit your school and start contacting them today!