Announcements

Forum >> Announcements >> Momentum is here...sort of...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
mason

Grambling State Tigers
VI.3

Hardwood College Basketball
I have a suggestion for this. If I remember correctly home teams in this game win at a significantly lower clip than home teams in real life. Maybe when a home team gains momentum the comment could be something like “The home crowd is roaring” and the home team’s players could receive some kind of boost. Maybe the boost could be a bit of added energy or a temporary bump to some skills or something like that.
lmartins6746

North Greenville Crusaders
IV.4

Interesting...and in my game we had to score 20 unanswered points before gaining momentum.
pschwartz

Richmond Spiders
II.2

I am pretty sure the home team not winning enough was fixed a few seasons ago (I think 2011 season). At least it was for my team and just eyeballing a few conferences teams have better home records than away records.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Yeah...I working on the reporting mechanism. Momentum like most things is a spectrum, not a binary value. But I've included some game summary reporting -- but its more of a indication of some threshold being crossed (to give some indications) -- and I've also tried to limited the total reports so it's not excessive.

Steve
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Home Team winning percentage - 56.5%

That's about where I think it should be. It's lower than the NCAA -- but we don't have the blue bloods packing their non-conference schedule with ten cupcakes at home.

Conference home winning percentage is more inline.

Steve
Ced

Indiana Hoosiers
II.2

If you think of better/alternative wording for the text in the game summary, I'd love to hear it.

Can mention the student section.
Indiana has the momentum. The student section is celebrating and are on their feet!

Can mention the head coach.
Indiana has the momentum. The head coach pumps his fist into the air!

Can mention the crowd.
Indiana has the momentum. The crowd is already beginning to chant their support!

Can mention the bench.
Indiana has the momentum. Players on their bench are going wild!

Can mention the band.
Indiana has the momentum. The band plays their fight song loudly!

Can mention the school mascot.
(Not all schools have a mascot. We don't. Not everything in HW needs to be authentic.)
Indiana has the momentum. Their mascot has even began dancing! (or is it begun?)

Can mention the arena.
Indiana has the momentum. Their fans are standing and clapping throughout the arena!

And...can always include negative reactions from the school who does not have the momentum...opposing head coach could wanna call a time out and so on.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

I like these suggestions!

Steve
robinh12

Inactive

I have an idea for this. If I recall correctly, home teams in this game win at a much lower rate than home teams in real life. When a home team gains momentum, a comment like "The home crowd is roaring" could be made, and the home team's players could be given a boost. Perhaps the boost could be some extra energy or a temporary boost to some skills or something along those lines.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Ced - I tired to incorporate some of those suggestions into the latest game engine update.

Thanks,

Steve
Tames

Inactive

Momentum is a term used in physics to describe the property of an object in motion. It is calculated by multiplying an object's mass by its velocity. In everyday language, momentum is often used to describe a person or group's increasing or decreasing force or influence in a particular area, such as politics or business.

Previous Page | Show All |