Announcements

Forum >> Announcements >> Coaching transaction changes…   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Hardwood College Basketball
Going forward, when a coach is dropped from a team, there will be a delay before they enter the available coaching pool. This is being done to avoid some of the more suspicious coaching transactions and make the process more fair to everyone.
LemonPepper

Central Arkansas Bears
II.1

Steve -

This seems to be the first flip after the change was implemented, but I'm wondering if it's possible to have that delay on times that aren't during the flip day?

I feel like players have always looked forward to (or stressed about) the coaching transactions/refresh event and it always paid to be more attentive during that time.

Is there an estimate on how long the delay takes so we can at least have an idea of when we need to be searching?

Looking forward to the new season, thanks!
TheoFaron

Inactive

so I just checked my conference page and 3 colleges with no presidents hired three new assistant coaches today on Sep 2, 2032. Is there a reason they were able to hire three when teams with a real president can only hire one a day?
fmason2

Willamette Bearcats
V.10

I believe that bot controlled teams with losing records dump all their coaches after the season.
Don't worry that another president has got the jump before you --yet.
LemonPepper

Central Arkansas Bears
II.1

Bumping since the flip might have had a few messages push this down. Would love Steve's perspective on my message above.
El jefe

Temple Owls
I.1

+1 on this
gards710

Dominican Univ. of California Penguins
I.1

so it seems like the delay is random and some are different for different coaches. This makes it difficult and pretty frustrating to try to land a good coach. So is there any rhyme or reason to how long the delay is? If it is supposed to be random so we cannot predict it, then that's fine, but please just state that.

The old system rewarded those who were able to be online at a specific time. That was not a good system. But this current system rewards those who happen to be online at a random but proper time, and also those who are online all the time (and contrary to popular belief, I am not always online). That doesn't seem ideal either.

I still think the best system would be something like the waiver system in Broken Bat.

Updated Tuesday, September 26 2023 @ 9:19:33 am PDT
punkska

Lincoln University PA Lions
II.1

+1 for a waiver system like Broken Bat for the coaches.
It'd still be somewhat random, but less random than the current one. Also at least there's a bit of strategic game theory built into it - go for the best coach with 10+ offers already, or go for a less good one with 3, or one you know you'll get with only 1, etc.

The old system was bad in that it was exploitable, but at least had the benefit of if you wanted to be online at the flip (when most people change coaches) you could track when it'd happen through the "Events" tab.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

If a bot team fires its head coach (usually because of poor performance), then all the assistants go with him.

The current system was implemented to prevent teams from passing coaching from one team to another. I think it's largely accomplished that. Not sure it's the best system though.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |