Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Prestige   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
bball star

Hampden-Sydney Tigers
V.6

Hardwood College Basketball
I love the idea of prestige having a bigger impact on recruiting, but I also understand that it could give a big advantage to those teams that have accumulated a lot of it overtime. I don't know if anyone has suggested this, but what about something like every 2 or 3 seasons or so you lose 1 point of the prestige you gained from winning your conference or however you got it. Eventually you would no longer have prestige from this award, or maybe you could say you keep 1 prestige point permanently. This would minimize the advantage of taking over a team that has accumulated lots of prestige while allowing teams that won their conference, conference tournament, or NCAA tournment to have more of a boost in recruiting the next little while which I think they deserve for their achievement.
lmartins6746

North Greenville Crusaders
IV.4

Yea I (and others I think) have suggested this same thing. Prestige should degrade over time.

There were other changes suggested too like less prestige for div 2 and 3 tournaments. Prestige for winning conf playoffs and maybe prestige for simply not demoting...especially for LL1.

I don't think it is right that there are teams that earned a lot of prestige at V and VI and thus have more prestige than more successful teams that earned all or most prestige at higher div/league levels.
Blackbeard

St. Johns Red Storm
V.4

Isn't it more logical to know exactly what "prestige" does and how much it actually effects anything before we go suggesting that it be reduced or changed?

It's like with everything in this game, nobody knows exactly what and how anything effects recruiting or game outcome for that matter and nobody cares to discuss that or to make the effects known so that as players we can have some sort of idea as to what is actually happening with all of that!

You could go on and on about every single thing in this game and nobody has an exact figure on the effects of anything like prestige or the coaches effect on things and that's fine.

So with that said, my suggestion is to simply trust that Steve set it properly in the beginning and trust that it is doing what he intended it to do, whatever that is I do not know and neither does anyone else apparently...

My vote (if we are even taking votes) is to leave it as is...

Updated Friday, February 2 2024 @ 2:06:43 pm PST
baller1987

Central State Marauders
V.5

agree wholeheartedly!
alt_lmartins

Amherst Mammoths
IV.6

We know that prestige only increases. We know what events earn prestige and exactly how much they earn. We also know more prestige is better for recruiting and that recruiting is its only use.

Based on the name, how it is earned, and what it has an effect on we have a pretty solid understanding of its purpose and the real life (I know, triggering words for some) thing it is attempting to emulate.

The only thing we don't know is the precise benefit to recruiting it has. That doesn't seem really relevant to the suggestions made (at least not to my suggestions).

Prestige degrading over time: All things (prestige events in this case) equal should recent success outweigh less recent success? To me the answer is definitely, yes.

Less Prestige earned in lower league levels: Again all things equal, should a team with the same success at higher league levels earn more prestige? I think that is a clear yes.

My two cents.
Blackbeard

St. Johns Red Storm
V.4

If you want to do all of that then put the teams in their proper real life conferences and keep them there forever.

This is a tree / tier based, promotion & relegation game where teams go up or down based on how good the team does. When you impose penalties on recruiting (which reducing prestige for lower ranked teams is), then with all the other new recruiting penalties then you make things be unbalanced, harder and unfair for a very large population of the game and that is the new players. You can't even pick an abandoned top team any more if you are a new player. Sure the team will just sink because new players don't have any idea what to do and the manual isn't of much help.

Things should be made equal for all, especially if you want to retain new players. I'm not new to this game and have had my share of division 1 teams and promotions and demotions (and not just on this team). I don't care about any of that but some folks do and the new guys that I talk to don't really like the direction this game is headed because it is harder to get even descent players now. Thats not fair to those in the low leagues what with the penalties for recruiting 4 and 5 star guys.

Sure I understand that so called blue chip players don't want to go to poor low ranked teams but the same holds true of new players not wanting to stick around long if they can't achieve much movement. Look at the roster of abandoned accounts, there are a whole lot of them. So yeah, keep making it harder for new guys to move up or even get descent players. Who cares.
gards710

Dominican Univ. of California Penguins
I.1

I'm so glad we can all agree to keep Dominican on top!
punkska

Lincoln University PA Lions
II.1

No-one wants the descent players Blackbeard, we want the ascent players...otherwise we're definitely gonna be moving in the wrong direction!

"This is a tree / tier based, promotion & relegation game where teams go up or down based on how good the team does."

Except actually when prestige comes into play, it never does go down, which is actually the point Imartins was making and when it's been discussed before most of their message is what makes sense to a decent group of us.

If you wanted to maximise prestige you'd yo-yo doing something like bouncing between LL6 and LL4, winning as much as you can for 2 seasons in LL6 and 5 then tanking for a few seasons, and repeating the pattern (so there's now a rule that we can't tank...but you could save more redshirts for those tanking seasons / set your recruiting up in a way to maximise this pattern...) Eventually you could stop doing that and start promoting further, but with the advantage of having loads more prestige than someone who's been LL3 and above consecutively, and surely that's not the intention / what the aim of the game should be.

If you lost prestige when relegating it'd get rid of this "exploit" / potential way of playing, and if you gained prestige at the higher levels it'd reward being able to keep a team at a high level consistently.

It's not something I'll actively campaign for, because I don't think prestige actually affects things too much. Could be wrong, but that's my feeling (as a lower prestige team for my level).

Previous Page | Show All |