Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> where is the logic, math?!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Mr3pts

Wabash Little Giants
V.11

Hardwood College Basketball
Love this game!
Brooks 6'3" OS-12 SR-8 goes 9-11 3pts hits over Wills 6'2" PD-17 and Steel 6'6 1\2" PD-9 3 from 3
i play 50% M-t-M ED+2,+3
at season Oakland hits 31.8% and 28.6% 3pts
in PO 64%
conference stats-shot % against:
Oakland - FG 46.8 3pts 36.5
Wabash - FG 45.2 3pts 34.1
Nice!
gards710

Dominican Univ. of California Penguins
I.1

aww dang, guess who's back to debunk some more whining!

That's right, me!

I doubt that Brooks hit those shots against Wills, as Wills only allowed his opponents to shoot 1/7 when he is defending, as you can see in Wills's game log here. In addition, you didn't play much zone, you played more man to man and press (I'm not talking about in your settings, I'm talking about what actually ended up happening). And so it was likely Miles Helm and Tyreke Grant who ended up defending Brooks the most. Neither is what I would call a good defender. And yes, the math on their game logs for the opponents' shooting doesn't add up to Brooks's 9/12 - that is because they could have defended other players and/or open shots do not have a defender assigned. Brooks going off for that good of a game is pretty shocking though, I agree. Wouldn't have seen that coming. But anyone can get hot and in the zone.

And while you did hold Oakland to 31% and 28% in previous matchups, they are a better 3 pt shooting team than that (at 34.9% for the conference season). 30 games is more than 2 games, and thus a more representative sample of their true ability.

And has been stated to you many times before, teams can get hot, and teams can get cold. Now as for why they shot that well as a team? I can't explain that. You had a good season, clearly some games went your way too and I'm sure there's not always an explanation for why. The reverse will happen too, as you know.
Sa6o

Rockhurst Hawks
III.3

EmeraldSeasSunshine, very good and helpful post with the 8 points you brought.
Mr3pts

Wabash Little Giants
V.11

Again this *beep* happend:
Terry Taylor 6'3" Per.Def-7

Steel 6'6" OS-16 SR-14 0-3 3pts 0-1 inside the arc
Helm 6'4" OS-17 SR-13 2-6 3pts (1st game 3-5)

Crosby 6'8" Per.Def- 7

Darrin Keeton 6'1" OS-11 SR-14 2-3 3pts

Steel 5-8 FT
Keeton 7-8FT

Heand coach Nelson Crawley Of-0!!!! Def-4
Nice lose to bot!
Ced

Indiana Hoosiers
III.4

So A, it was at their gym, and two, they had every ounce of the momentum in the box score.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

I'm a bit confused because Wabash is 36-8. You've got a good team, that's getting promoted and made the tournament.

Some nights, the other team is better either because random helps them out a little bit, home court or they are a better team. But looking at individual player performance on any given night, especially if you're cherry picking particular games is folly -- it's just too small a sample size.

Steve
coachwannabe

Penn Quakers
IV.1

Just like normal basketball, some things are outside of your control.

That said, I used to face very similar issues, letting up 3pt shots in the tourney despite playing + extend defense. Thing I learned is… the extend defense setting sucks in this game (no offense to Steve), and it actually caused more issues. When leave my team on 0, they usually guard the perimeter better (as long as I increase my man2man percentage).

50% man probably wasn’t enough because, half the time, they were scoring at will against your Zone defense.

I wish there was a statistic where you could see how many points were scored against each defensive mode, but I’d bet most came against it then. Or, when you were playing extended defense earlier, your guys got beat up inside, so the CPU over-corrected and made you guard the paint, which then left your perimeter open (which is what I think the biggest issue with extend defense is).
coachwannabe

Penn Quakers
IV.1

And I’ll add that, even knowing what I shared above, there are still games outside of my control. You just gotta live with it. Sometimes life is random.
therelabeef

DePaul Blue Demons
V.9

Yes sometimes the game just goes in your favor. Today I killed Wabash by 60 points. Haha. One of my biggest ones of this season comes in the tournament. Also I was the 7 seed and they were the 2 seed. I feel like they just didn't match up well against us, even though they had the home court advantage. Good luck next year Wabash
Ced

Indiana Hoosiers
III.4

they had the home court advantage

Neutral venue. Wabash is in Indiana; however, the game was held in Boston.

Previous Page | Show All |