Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Stamina bug?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
coachwannabe

Penn Quakers
IV.1

Hardwood College Basketball
I'm not sure if this is an actually a bug, but wanted to post it as it may be worth looking into from the admin side.

This game happened today.

A few things to note...

Penn's starters played less minutes and have generally better stamina than Queens' starters (only one Penn starter has 9 stamina, the rest are 10+).

At the end of the game, the Fatigue is only listed as "Light" for 2 of Penn's starters, while Queens has all of their starters with "Moderate" to "Heavy" fatigue.

Both coaches have 13 motivation, except Penn has higher motivation among its assistants (if this even matters in this scenario).

That said, at the end of the game, I see this comment (which I've never seen before):

0:13 - Queens Univ. of Charlotte: Gardner brings up the ball against a zone defense. Penn is fatigued and are showing low defensive effort. Gardner passes the ball to Green. Green shoots from inside the arc. The shot misses. Hoover corrals the offensive rebound.

So, despite having better stamina, having played less minutes, and having lower fatigue...

1. Penn is indicated as being the team that is fatigued.

2. Penn gives up an offensive rebound (likely as a result of 1).

Is there something wrong here? Shouldn't the other team be the one to suffer, especially in such a crucial moment?

If not, does fatigue even matter then? I purposefully fill my lineups so that they don't get fatigued, but I could be costing myself if there are calculation errors such as this.

Thanks for looking into it, and for any other insight you can provide!
Ced

Indiana Hoosiers
III.4

any other insight you can provide

1. Queens may have been playing up tempo. Could be tempo based.

1a. Both teams' starters have similar speed matchups. I don't know who was on the floor at that time or if it can be determined.

2. Aint easy guarding #8 K. Bryant for thirty five, but a one for three night is a defensive success. (He got his statue revealed today by the Lakers.)
mavstar21

Wisconsin-Superior Yellow Jackets
IV.8

Steve sums it up pretty well here:

http://onlinecollegebasketball.org/forum/0/6/2186

My interpretation of it is:

You can get a comment on defence at any point in a match where your team is starting to fatigue.

Or your team can be fatigued and you get no comment.

Or your team can be less fatigued than the opposition but you get the comment.

Also there is no comment that triggers on offence - so when a team is fatigued whilst playing offence, they will be impacted similarly, but there is no comment to describe it.

end of the day - less fatigue = good, more fatigue = bad. Sometimes you'll still lose cos there's 100 other variables going on at the same time.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Clearly Queens was more fatigued than Penn. But Penn did have some level of fatigue -- which made it possible for the message/warning to appear.

However, the message appears mostly of a reminder that fatigue is an factor. The message itself doesn't effect the game. The Fat (fatigue) levels of the players is what's most relevant.

Steve
coachwannabe

Penn Quakers
IV.1

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification, all!

Previous Page | Show All |