Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> What happend with defense?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
James Lebron

Florida Southern Moccasins
VI.10

Hardwood College Basketball
and what I wrote above is a perfectly good answer so face it, the dice roll just didn't go your way this time. you can't win all the time can you? randomness is built in to this game in order to mimic upsets. your team was upset. end of story. yes, imo it definitely could be a change in tactics or a random thing. stuff like that can happen when the ai is based on numbers and math... what else do you want said? cheers...

Updated Saturday, May 27 2023 @ 4:17:27 pm PDT
gards710

Dominican Univ. of California Penguins
I.1

As James Lebron alludes to, this game is still a simulation after all. It tries to keep things realistic, but funky stuff happens.

I will say that St. Olaf's defensive tactics changed quite a bit from the regular season to the playoff game, so while that doesn't completely answer the difference in shooting, it does show that their players were less fatigued, and that can certainly have an effect on their shooting. Combine that with just having a hot hand and maybe some other adjustments that their president can only answer, and whoop there it is, an upset.
Mr3pts

Wabash Little Giants
VI.22

that's exactly what the generator is based on math and numbers,the players' skills remained the same, but the 15% increase in accuracy is too much.
fatigue I look at some kind of decorative thing, in recent matches St. Olaf players got tired much more than my, but then they calmly make a dash, which again is illogical if fatigue works.
if I played with one tactic all season and did not prepare for each opponent separately, then there would be no questions.
I lost twice to Minnesota, the strongest team in the conference, but even they did not throw with a percentage of 60%!
against Minnesota they shot at 38% although my IDef is better,2-pointers against me 64%, 2-pointers against Minnesota 44%.
where is the math?

James Lebron

VI.10

here's the math for you and its pretty straight forward. i took a look at the 3 games

gards710 was right when he said that st olaf changed up his game tactic in the 3rd game and even though he was heavily fatigued he was able to shut down your 3 point shooting and your team was very bad with foul shooting, thats where you lost that game

look at your 3 point shooting and foul shooting in the 3rd game compared to st olafs 3 point and foul shooting. he killed you in both those areas so like i said before, the dice roll went against you in those 2 categories and you are lucky you won those 2 earlier games (especially the first game and by only 5 points). because both teams seem to have been lacking in the tactics department...

you need to get big men, play inside and slow the pace down but even with that, honestly, i stand by my original estimation that the dice roll went against you because your 3 point shooting and foul shooting literally sucked in that 3rd game against st olaf. and those 2 areas is where you won in the first 2 games

sorry for being rather harsh but just because your team si is a bit higher that doesn't mean that you automatically will win. it all comes down to that dice throw which causes upsets to happen..

cheers.

Updated Sunday, May 28 2023 @ 10:20:41 pm PDT
xxtech

St. Olaf College Oles
V.11

I got hot at the right time.
Mr3pts

Wabash Little Giants
VI.22

James Lebron i talk about shooting percentage not about lose.
James Lebron

VI.10

i tried and i give up. i told you why but you refuse to hear it. so yes, it has to be a bug.

my suggestion is to knock on the game developer steves mail box and ask him. see what he says. good luck to you and your tam.

EmeraldSeasSunshine

Nicholls State Colonels
V.7

Yeah, it's Basketball man. I've played ball since I was three, most times I was exceptional, but sometimes I was really bad. It's the same with College Basketball. Purdue had one of the greatest seasons of all-time and between good tactics from FDU (irl) and an off-night for the Boilermakers, they got upset. The game is being realistic because this is how basketball works. Momentum is everything. If you look at my team, we are a good example. We struggled, then got red hot, then got ice cold. It's just Basketball! :)
James Lebron

VI.10

i think that steve really did an exceptional job with things like upsets. it doesn't happen often but it does happen and this is a perfect example of an upset where the other team switched up tactics and for some reason it worked for him. i have been the beneficiary of upsets and have been upset too and it does hurt. nobody likes to lose but somebody has to........
g10rsh

Columbia Lions
III.2

one game is not a large sample size, having a few players hit 2-3 shots more than expected can massively change the look of a game

if a player has a 50% chance to make a shot then both 3/10 and 7/10 shots made are very reasonable outcomes to expect

even in the nba a low end player can have a godlike night and a high end player can have a terrible night

Stephen Curry's worst shooting night of all time came in a playoff game against the Cleveland Cavaliers. Playing against his arch-nemesis LeBron James, Curry put in a shambolic performance, scoring 19 points on 5-23 shooting from the field. He shot 2-15 from downtown, converting only 13.3% of his shots from the deep.

Previous Page | Show All |