Announcements

Forum >> Announcements >> 2032 End of Season coming...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Hardwood College Basketball
Please make sure you've done these things...

1. Made your red shirt selections
2. Spent your recruiting points (all carry over points above 10 will be halved for next season)
3. Select Schedule Mode (Up/Down/Any)
4. Setup any rivalry games for next season

PLEASE make sure you have your redshirt selections made. I can not undo redshirt decisions after the flip. It causes problems with the databases.

Thanks,

Steve
TheoFaron

Inactive

I checked my game management screen and can't make any red shirt selections, they are all greyed out.

I also can't fire any coach except my head coach. Am I doing something wrong?
mavstar21

Wisconsin-Superior Yellow Jackets
V.15

You can only redshirt scholarship players in their FR/SO/JR season, and only if they play 5 or less games.
http://onlinecollegebasketball.org/rules#players

Assistant coaches can be fired/hired in the window after the flip and before the start of conference season
http://onlinecollegebasketball.org/rules#coaches
TavesSoul

Nazareth Golden Flyers
II.2

You can only redshirt scholarship players in their FR/SO/JR season, and only if they play 5 or less games.
http://onlinecollegebasketball.org/rules#players

Also worth adding, you can't redshirt non-scholarship (walk-on) players either.
BMacG

Rochester Institute of Technology Tigers
V.8

@TheoFaron - you didn't do anything wrong, don't worry! Just a heads up for everyone.

You can only hire or fire assistant coaches in a window from the season flip to the first conference game of the season - after that it is locked until the next season flip. (Also, you can only hire one assistant per day)

You will also be able to select red shirt players from player management once the season flips and the rosters all update.

Two things to note with red-shirts:

1. As far as I am aware, the 3 exhibition games at the start of the season do not count against the 5 game redshirt limit, so you can theoretically get red shirt players up to 8 games of playtime, which may be useful if you need some to switch positions or whatnot.

2. The 5 games is based on "games" and not "minutes" - aka if you had a redshirted player who has been in 5 non-exhibition games, and then they play just one minute of another game, they are over the 5 game limit, so it may be worth being extra careful once they are there and making sure theyre both out of the depth chart and at 0 minutes in the Game Management screen once you no longer want them touching the court again.

edit: I used "redshirt" "red shirt" and "red-shirt" in this post and honestly I still don't know which one is correct lmao

Updated Thursday, June 1 2023 @ 11:57:40 am PDT
swishomatic

Inactive

I thought Steve just said you had to choose players to be redshirted before the season flip because he couldn't change it after the flip! Did I misunderstand?
BMacG

Rochester Institute of Technology Tigers
V.8

For this season you need them selected before the season flip, thats pretty straight-forward.

If they don't qualify this season (or at all) and you can't check the box, you won't be able to until the new season; sorry if that was unclear!
scowley75

SUNY Geneseo Knights
IV.4

JUST DON'T FORGET TO CHECK THE BOX!!! :D

Totally overlooked that one season and sat guys all year to redshirt and forgot to check the box.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

You need to have the Red Shirt box checked in game management if you want the player to redshirt this season. To red shirt, a player can only play in 5 or fewer (non-exhibition) games.

Also, seniors and walk-ons can't be redshirted.

Steve
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Aaarrrgh...the flip be startin'.

Steve
TheoFaron

Inactive

How do I redshirt my new recruits? They don't even show up on my game management screen, can I really not redshirt them after the flip?
Mainecougar

Clark Cougars
II.1

Redshirting is done at the end of the season as you need to know whether or not they played more than 5 games. Thus, you can't redshirt recruits as they weren't on your team. You will be able to click on the redshirt button after the flip for players that you want to redshirt next season.

Updated Friday, June 2 2023 @ 11:40:30 am PDT
scowley75

SUNY Geneseo Knights
IV.4

The craziest part of all of this…I totally forgot to check the boxes on my redshirts after posting the item above in ALL F’ING CAPS to not forget to check the box.

And yet another year of redshirting wasted. Unreal.
lmartins6746

North Greenville Crusaders
IV.4

why not just check the box at the beginning of the season or anytime really?
scowley75

SUNY Geneseo Knights
IV.4

I have zero clue how I missed it. Then once they were highlighted at the end of the season before the flip I just assumed they were good and never even looked at it.
moshe

Inactive

I have zero sign how I missed it. Then, at that point, whenever they were featured toward the finish of the time before the flip I just expected they were great and never at any point checked it out.
moshe

Inactive

The most insane piece of all of this… I completely neglected to actually take a look at the containers on my redshirts subsequent to posting the thing above in ALL F'ING Covers to not neglect to really take a look at the crate.

But one more year of redshirting squandered. Incredible.
moshe

Inactive

You really want to have the Red Shirt enclose actually look at game administration assuming you need the player to redshirt this season. To red shirt, a player can play in 5 or less (non-show) games.

Additionally, seniors and walk-ons can't be redshirted.
baller1987

Central State Marauders
V.5

by (non-show), do you mean (non-conference)?
Blackbeard

St. Johns Red Storm
V.4

He means that the 5 red shirt games can be 5 games that count for something. Exhibitions, invitationals don't count towards the 5 games. Just keep the red shirt box checked to make sure they won't play after the 5.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Exhibition and Invitational games don't count towards the redshirt limit and statistics.

Steve

Previous Page | Show Page |