Temple Owls
I.1

Hardwood College Basketball
That's correct Steve
Wonderland

New Jersey City University Gothic Knights
V.5

Like it. A nice efort/performance reward.
I presume National Tournaments champ still (also) got his NT cup.
El jefe

Temple Owls
I.1

Top of mind for me today, so Steve - can we have this as an added feature? Refresh: college teams get a trophy for winning their region in the Final Four, so looking to have the same thing on a team's history page
Blackbeard

St. Johns Red Storm
V.4

Whats the point of doing that? Those teams are rewarded just for the honor of making the national tourney. Thats enough.

Wouldn't it be better to make the invitationals count for something? Make those games count and then award a trophy for winning it.

Much better to do something for all of the managers in the game instead of just a few.

Updated Wednesday, November 15 2023 @ 4:43:31 pm PST
Dytrea123

Trine Thunder
III.3

Why? Because it’s cool, more trophies is always cooler. And making it to the top 4 means you came out of your 1-16 seed bracket as the only survivor much like real life.

While I just said more trophies is cool I’ve gotta push back in invitation trophies. Trophies are only cool when they mean something and I don’t think winning a invitation is really that meaningful, they aren’t even real games for counting stats, and there is like 50 of them.

Also every manager has an opportunity to get a trophy every year, the conference playoffs which can also lead to another trophy in the tournament. Why give out participation trophies when they should be for players who pull of feats of victory against top competition.
Gherm

Utah Utes
V.13

On a related note, are there invitational game trophies?
Blackbeard

St. Johns Red Storm
V.4

@Dytrea123 Did you read my comment? Doesn't seem like you did. Here it is copy and pasted below.

"Wouldn't it be better to make the invitationals count for something? Make those games count and then award a trophy for winning it."

Who said it would be "participation trophies?" I didn't say that.

The invitationals as they are pretty much a waste of time. Perhaps expanding the invitationals in to a NIT tourney so that more than just 64 teams get an opportunity to win another trophy or 2 that mean something. Wouldn't that be better for the entire manager population instead of just catering to a select few teams?

Perhaps it would be better to actually get the facts straight before dismissing a comment because you don't like it.

Updated Thursday, November 16 2023 @ 10:46:19 am PST
El jefe

Temple Owls
I.1

Great points, @Dytrea123
mavstar21

Wisconsin-Superior Yellow Jackets
IV.8

Personally I like that the invitationals don't count for anything - gives me a chance to pivot and get some extra minutes into my redshirt and rotation players
El jefe

Temple Owls
I.1

Steve, thoughts here?

Previous Page | Show All |