Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> The Venting Thread   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Hardwood College Basketball
Wouldn't be surprised if it's the fact you have 6 centers on your team.

Spending 12 points and a scholarship to hit low on a prospect outside of your region isn't anything new for me. League 6 to 3, it's been the norm in my experience.
El jefe

Temple Owls
I.1

@New Orleans - Temple never has luck with international guys so 8 contacts + a scholarship = no interest is par for the course for the Owls.
lmartins6746

North Greenville Crusaders
IV.4

I think it is somewhat randmon sometimes. Sometimes I'll try a guy and it might be 10-12 contacts to low. Kralj was much lower though so I went for it. Could be my terrible roster helping me out with him though.

I did have a problem recruiting Centers for amherst not too long ago but it is ok now. It was annoying as it seemed to be because of depth but many of the centers on the roster would be gone by the time he enrolled.
electriceel883

Wisconsin Badgers
III.2

Well some of you probably redshirt 4-5 stars too. It's advertised to train players at the position you want them in. Many of the listed positions for recruits are ridiculous and have no relationship to where they would play. So, yea, I can see how that could be a factor, but WHY would it be a factor? If its something more general like "how many average mins do your true FR play"? makes a lot more sense.

That being said I have 9 players that have C as a primary position. 3 more that have it as a secondary position. Thats pretty usual for me.

I have had this type of team for many seasons, and have noticed no particular changes, aside from what can be linked to demoting this past season.

I think the key point is LaurensDeGraff is saying its severely changed for his team recently. But idk. General variance is in a certain range for me and has been pretty consistent. Interesting how you and New Orleans recruited same player with such different results.

I think there should be more clarifications on what the rules are for international players. We all know some US players are harder or easier, but is it the same for INT? I mean is there a hidden desire to not be signed and supposedly play overseas that makes them hard to recruit? I can say level DOES matter, from my own experience. When in D3 it took 10-12 for every INT. But there seems to be no "advantage" to striking first that I can see. Just my thoughts.

Updated Wednesday, October 11 2023 @ 5:05:30 pm PDT
lynxvj

Michigan Wolverines
IV.5

What's the record for most INJs in a season?
Michigan has 12 conf games played and 17 INJs (will be 13 GP and 18 INJs tomorrow).
Do I get a trophy or something for that?
plokmijn

Alabama Crimson Tide
II.2

I had 27 injuries three seasons ago and 25 last season, both of which felt pretty high.
lynxvj

Michigan Wolverines
IV.5

22 INJs now.
Hayseed

Lewis & Clark Pioneers
I.1

wow, that is a lot. Sorry to hear the bug has hit so hard. Have you tried acupuncture?

If it helps -- the most I have had a team go through was 25. Once I had only 3 games lost while starting 3 guys averaging over 30 min. I think it is a random variation Steve throws into the game.
lynxvj

Michigan Wolverines
IV.5

Oh wow, finally there are no more red numbers on my alerts.
Just when I'm about to authorize titanium limbs replacements for my players.
celtic4warrior

California Lutheran Kingsmen
V.1

Has anyone else had literally all of your contacts commit elsewhere this year? I am on pace to go into next year with four unfilled scholarships because out of the six players I went into this season targeting all but one committed... I'm used to always getting at least two. I then continually start contacting two other players and each time they immediately committed to another team when they had been at no other teams interested the day before when I started contacting them. These past few years have been atrocious for my team recruiting-wise... I am just very confused about how when I have two coaches with 14-plus recruiting skills, can anyone give me feedback on this and how I can improve when I am only targeting 3-star and 2-star players mostly...

celtic4warrior

Updated Tuesday, November 7 2023 @ 12:17:26 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page